I’ve been upgrading my WIPs to the new version of Inform and for the most part things have been going smoothly. Once a few extensions were updated and I changed the way I was doing a few things (which were deprecated anyways), they worked pretty well. After almost two weeks, I noticed somethings wasn’t correct with one description I had in some code like below.
The description of myObject is "[first time]Say this the first time only.[only] Rest of text that will print every time."
When examining the object, it never printed the text within the first time first time construct. After some digging and talking to a few people, I find that this has been reported.
The work around for now is to use something like the following:
The description of myObject is "[one of]Say this the first time only.[or][stopping] Rest of text that will print every time."