I released today another version of Trizbort (126.96.36.199). This version focused mainly on fixing some bugs and making the app a bit more user friendly for keyboard users. There were a few new features that I think are pretty nifty.
As always you can download the latest bits at http://bit.ly/trizbortjl
If you are interested in seeing or playing with some code, you can find that on GitHub at http://bit.ly/TrizbortSource
First with the bugs. I thank everyone that made suggestions and reported bugs as they were much appreciated and made my job much easier.
Some of the highlights of things fixed:
- Made the naming of regions a bit more robust as the user could enter some characters that would either break the save file or would break Inform if exported to code.
- I also made the region setup form a bit more robust as there were a few ways to you could break the app if you tried hard enough.
- I tried to clean up the exporting to Inform7 by making sure the app wouldn’t generate bad I7 code. Some of these changes naturally fall through to I6 and TADS3, but I still need to do some work there as I’m not as familiar with those languages.
- SmartSave better handles an unsaved Trizbort file better.
As I have a long list of suggested feature ideas, I want to try to include some of those with each release (new features are usually more fun to play with than fixed bugs anyway)
- Selected rooms and connections are now much more noticeable and it doesn’t really interfere with the coloring of regions.
- New keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-Shift-A) to select all rooms of a particular region (I’ll add a menu item later for you mouse users). Select one room of the region you are interested in and press Ctrl-Shift-A and viola that region is selected.
- Ctrl-Alt-Arrow to resize selected room. That keystroke is pretty standard to handle resizing so I wanted to be sure to include it.
- Arrow keys will now move selected rooms around. Previously the arrow keys always moved the map, now if you have rooms selected it will move the rooms instead. Nothing selected still moves the map as before.
- Added some more context menu items and shortcut keys for quick access.