Most of you are at least somewhat familiar with the mapping tool Trizbort, created by Genstein. Back in 2013, on this thread (viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7473) he announced his decision to opensource the code. Then in March 2014, on the same thread, forum user wertle, made some updates (which turned out to be pretty useful) and fixed a few bugs. Then nothing, there seemed to be little movement on new development. This last December, I asked my writing group if they felt there would be interest in making some updates. I received some great encouragement and Andrew Schultz (aschultz) specifically stepped up with some great ideas and feature requests. So work began.
Today I’m announcing a new beta release. I incorporated a few other branches that were made (including those from wertle) and many suggestions from Andrew, who became the primary tester. Main new features include:
- Copy and paste (from wertle’s branch)
- Fix for large maps (from wertle’s branch)
- Support for Regions – You can specify room colors in any case, but regions make it easy and allow you to group rooms together.
- SmartSave – quick shortcut to save PDF & default image type to base directory.
- Join room – shortcut to join two selected rooms based on position on map.
- Many updates and fixes in the export of code (regions only supported in I7 export)
- UI enhancements – Beginning to add context menus, tooltips on rooms, improvements on keyboard functionality and shortcuts
- Quite a few bugfixes.
Where to get it?
Link to zip file: http://bit.ly/trizbortjl
Simply unzip the file to a folder and run the executable (make sure all files included in the zip file are in the executable’s folder).
Andrew and I are making plans for more features and improvements so please if you have ideas let us know. You can also check out our bug / feature tracking at http://lautzofif.myjetbrains.com
Andrew is currently working on updating the documentation (with the blessing of Genstein) and he has put up a draft at https://www.dropbox.com/s/x85lk5dpkie7d … shtml?dl=0 and is of course open to suggestions to improve the documentation (still working on getting images updated).
If you’re so inclined you can see the source at https://github.com/JasonLautzenheiser/trizbort
Again, remember this is beta software. Please let us know of any bugs that you find or features you think will be useful.